Thursday, February 24, 2011

Page Entry #7 (2/24/2011)


Today I saw something I didn't think I would ever see, a little kid around age seven who testified in a committee. I actually saw him talking to the local channel five news crew in front of a camera. Some things this little kid mentioned were about simple stuff like how many straws we use and how we could help the world if we did simple things like use reusable straws. One really cool thing he mentioned was the device he made, a solar powered popcorn machine. The other main highlight of the day was tables and tables of food tasting in the cafeteria towards the end of the day. The food was delectable, cheeses ranging from flavorful goat cheese to sharp Cabot cheddar. Treats like maple truffles and ice cream. It was all foods from Vermont and someone I know was even there - Nathalie Feldman who makes salad dressing and she took our picture. Everything was great and hopefully the predicted storm tomorrow makes no serious adjustments to my plans for another great day.

2 comments:

  1. Alex I really like your blog. It is a great way to share with us all your fun and interesting experiences as a Senate Page. Way to go Team!

    Mr.H.

    ReplyDelete